ABOITIZLAND’S PRIVACY STATEMENT
We would like to inform you of our Company’s commitment to compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and our Company data privacy and protection policies we have adopted internally.
From time to time, it may be necessary for you to provide personal data in connection with your visits to our company website and portals, our offices, with your direct or indirect dealings with our Company, our officers and employees, and in your browsing activities through any of our mobile applications, as a customer, an applicant, or a third party service provider of goods or services.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and process personal data from you in the ordinary course of the company business which may include, to the extent necessary to respond to your requests, queries and concerns, include basic information such as your full name, contact numbers, email address, area or city of residence, sensitive personal information such as your age, date of birth, marital status, employment status, profession, among others and other information relevant to customer or applicant surveys and/or offers (collectively, your “Personal Data”).
When you visit our websites or use any of our mobile applications, other information that may also constitute Personal Data, such as your browser type, operating system, IP address, domain name, number of times and dates you visited the website or accessed the mobile application, and the amount of time you spent browsing through the website or mobile application, may be collected via cookies and other tracking technologies, such as transparent GIF files. Aggregate Information, or non-personally identifiable and anonymous data, such as how many times you log onto our websites or mobile applications may also be collected.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow websites to recognize your computer when you return, enabling it to display personalized settings and other user preferences. It also allows websites to respond to you as an individual. The websites and apps can tailor operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being visited. This helps us to analyze data about web page traffic and to improve our website in order to tailor it to your needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes after which, the data is removed from the system.
In general, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When necessary, we request for your Personal Data for us to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following purposes:
- to improve our products and services to you;
- to provide information and details of our existing and new products and services;
- to evaluate and determine proper answers to your inquiries on our products and services;
- to keep an internal record for confirming, maintaining or updating our customer records;
- for customer relationship management purposes, for sending and communicating updates on construction, property management, merchants, leasing, product promotions, events and other activities in connection with our products and services;
- for statistical analysis and internal reporting;
- for identification or verification purposes;
- to communicate or contact you with regard to your account with us;
- to satisfy any legal or regulatory requirements; and
- as required under applicable law or regulation or by any decision or order of any court or government agency.
SECURITY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is kept secure. We have implemented suitable and adequate organizational, physical and technical security measures, policies and procedures intended to reduce the risks of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to such information which are appropriate and adequate to the nature of the Personal Data we collect.
We may retain your Personal Data only for as long as necessary for legitimate business purposes, to comply with laws, regulations, or lawful court order, or to establish or defend a legal action.
THE INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
We are at all times compliant with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and other privacy related regulations.
We may share with or disclose your Personal Data to
- a credit reference agency where it may be accessed by other financial institutions to assist us in the assessment of your application for credit line with us and for debt tracing and fraud prevention;
- any of our partner financial institution providing you credit line facility;
- any collection agency, payment center or similar service providers to facilitate the payment of services we have provided you;
- any of our consultant, adviser or auditor performing services in connection with your account or we have engaged to perform our contractual obligation with your account;
- any of our agent, contractor, subcontractor performing services in connection with your account;
- any person to whom we propose to assign or transfer any of our rights and/or duties under our contract with you;
- any guarantor or person providing security in relation to your obligations under your contract with us;
- any of our affiliate or subsidiary only for the purposes we have collected your Personal Data;
- any quasi-judicial or judicial tribunal where we have reason to believe that disclosing your Personal Data is necessary for establishing a legal claim or defense, including to obtain legal advice, to exercise the rights of the Company or those of its affiliates or subsidiaries or to institute any legal action, whether under our contract with you or against any third party; or
- any person as required or permitted by law, rule or regulation or by any decision or order of any court or government agency.
Any access to Personal Data will be limited to the person who require your Personal Data to perform the functions for which personal information has been collected, and as required or allowed by law. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Data to third parties. If shared, we will, at your request, provide you with details of the companies with whom we have shared your Personal Data.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
We recommend that you check this privacy notice every time you visit our website or mobile applications as we may update this privacy notice from time to time, by posting the amended notice on this page. Any changes will be effective when posted.
REQUESTS, ACCESS, RECOURSE AND QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
You are entitled to request that we:
- provide you with a copy of your Personal Data that we hold and you have the right to be informed of: (a) the source of your Personal Data; (b) the purposes and methods of processing; (c) the data controller’s identity; and (d) the entities or categories of entity with whom your Personal Data may be shared;
- cease processing your Personal Data, in whole or in part, as you direct us, for any purpose, save to the extent it is lawful to do so without consent under the Data Privacy Act of 2012;
- do not transfer your Personal Data to third parties for the purposes of direct marketing or any other purposes you have not consented to;
- correct any errors in your personal Data; and
- update your personal Data as required.
If you have questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 or if you wish to exercise your rights to access, rectification, object, portability or deletion in instances allowed under the law, we encourage you to first contact us as required by the National Privacy Commission (“NPC”). We will make every reasonable effort to correct, update and respond to your request promptly, unless we require further information from you in order to fulfill your request, and in each case, subject to legal and other permissible considerations. We will also investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal data in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and other data privacy and protection policies we have put in place. For any complaints that cannot be resolved with us directly, you may bring your concern to the NPC and we commit to cooperate with the NPC and comply with their advice.
You may contact our Data Privacy Officer at (+632) 886-2800 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the Data Privacy Officer, 21st Flr. NAC Tower 32nd St., Bonifacio Global City, 1634 Taguig City, for your requests, concerns, questions and complaints.